Skip navigation

Good Morning Duelists of all kinds!

It is your host Isaiah Walker here with magical castles for all of you! I’m just kidding, I’m sure all of your homes are very magical, I meant Castle Magic for you all, a type of Magic that is very similar to an electrical circuit of some kind and offers a vast amount of creativity to users of it.

Before I begin the overview on Castle Magic and how it works, I hope you all had a good 2016 (and Christmas), I know I did 🙂 Also, I thank Suri for providing me with the pictures I’m using 🙂 (I couldn’t afford any of these colorful shapes XD)

This is part one out of two. Part two will go over the Magic Computer and a small puzzle example for you all.

Let’s be magical, shall we?

To begin your castle Magic adventures, you will first speak with Babbage Basset, a dog gentleman near the Royal Museum in Regent’s Square, Marleybone. He will give you a quest to travel to your own home so he can show you the basics of Castle Magic.

The basics will go over how to use a Magic Lever to make a statue disappear and reappear. All of the items you need (for the tutorial) are given to you to keep during and after the tutorial/quest.

After the quest is finished, you are given a book explaining all of the tools and items Castle Magic offers, then you are free to create. If you lose it, you can buy another at Babbage Basset for 100 gold.

Speaking of buying things, Basset doesn’t just sell help tomes. He sells all of the castle Magic furniture as well as some Castle Magic treasure cards/spells. These treasure cards are different from normal ones. They can only be used in your house with Castle Magic furniture, and they do not go away forever after one use, however they are consumable.

These are the treasure cards/Castle Magic spells Basset has to offer:

Action Spells

Make Invisible
Make Visible
Restore Object
Teleport To Me
Move To Me
Turn Like Me
Turn Towards Me
Move Forward
Move Backward
Move Towards Me
Move Up 250 (units)
Move Up 100 (units)
Move Up 50 (units)
Move Down 250 (units)
Move Down 100 (units)
Move Down 50 (units)

Move North 250 (units)
Move North 100 (units)
Move North 50 (units)
Move South 250 (units)
Move South 100 (units)
Move South 50 (units)
Move East 250 (units)
Move East 100 (units)
Move East 50 (units)
Move West 250 (units)
Move West 100 (units)
Move West 50 (units)

Turn Right 90 Degrees
Turn Right 45 Degrees
Turn Right 15 Degrees
Turn Left 90 Degrees
Turn Left 45 Degrees
Turn Left 15 Degrees

Make Larger
Make Smaller

Effect Spells

Fire Cat Attack
Frost Beetle Attack
Storm Snake Attack
Ghost Attack
Leprechaun Attack
Fire Elf Attack
Sunbird Attack
Summon Meteor Strike
Snow Serphent Attack
Evil Snowman Attack
Summon Blizzard
Lightning Bats Attack
Storm Shark Attack
Lightning Bolt Attack
Scarab Attack
Scorpion Attack
Locust Swarm Attack
Summon Sandstorm
Imp Attack
Summon Sprite
Summon Pixie
Dark Sprite Attack
Ghoul Attack
Banshee Attack
Blood Bat Attack
Troll Attack
Cyclops Attack
Rain
Fly Swatter
Sun Beam
Musical Notes
Magic
Rainbow
Wolf Howl
Sparks
Gears
Creaks
Magical
Thunder
Laughing Gobbler

Utility Spells

Start Timer
Stop Timer
Activate Reflector
Play Music Scroll

Computer Spells

Add Signal 1
Add Signal 2
Remove Signal 1
Remove Signal 2
Toggle Signal 1
Toggle Signal 2

A ton of spells, right? Let’s go over the tools and items, starting things off with the Magic Button.

The Magic Button is a star shaped wall hanging that you press “X” to use/activate.

In the Castle Magic menu you can set what the button will do when it is pressed by using any Castle Magic spells you have (or bought), and the target, what the effect will happen on (the target can be anything placed down in your home). This is called a “trigger”.

The Magic Button has only one trigger, “When Button Pressed Cast Spell”. All Castle Magic items except for Orbs have the same output, “On Target Item”.

You can make a magic button do a lot of things, from making objects, pets, or mounts disappear, enlarge items, summon a fire cat or even make a doorbell 🙂

Now we’ll go over the rest in a little less detail:

The Magic Brazier is an item similar to the braziers in Krokotopia. You can activate them by using the “X” button. Doing so will turn the brazier on one of it’s three flame colors (Fire, Storm, and Ice). In the Castle Magic menu you can set what each flame will do when it’s activated and what the brazier will do when turned off.

The Magic Brazier has four triggers, “When Ice Brazier”, “When Fire Brazier”, “When Storm Brazier”, and “When Brazier Off”.

The Magic Pressure Plate is an item similar to the pressure plates in Marleybone. You can activate one by stepping on top of it. Doing so will activate the plate for as long as you’re on it. In the Castle Magic menu you can set what each pressure plate will do when it’s activated and what the plate will do when turned off.

The Magic Pressure Plate has two triggers, “When Plate Pressed” and “When Plate Released”.

The Magic Reflector is an orange sphere invisible to your guests and visitors. It is used to activate up to 8 spells when “Activate Reflector” is cast on it.

The Magic Reflector has eight triggers, “When Activated Do #1 Cast Spell” through “When Activated Do #8 Cast Spell”.

Note on Reflector

Magic Reflectors are generally used when you want a different effect to happen each time you activate a lever, pressure plate, detector, etc. or when you want Castle Magic to decide who goes first. Be Creative!

The Magic Start Detector is a blue triangle invisible to your guests and visitors. It is used to activate a spell when any Castle Magic is started in that area (indoors/outdoors).

The Magic Start Detector has one trigger, “When Area Started Cast Spell”.

The Magic Text Detector is a green triangle invisible to your guests and visitors.It is used to activate a spell when someone uses menu chat and says the right phrase or word.

The Magic Text Detector has one trigger,”When Menu Chat Matches Cast Spell”. In the castle Magic menu you can adjust the distance the detector will pick up the key word, as well as making the key phrase/word yourself.

The Magic Lever is an item similar to the levers in Marleybone. You can activate one by stepping on top of it. Doing so will activate the plate for as long as you’re on it. In the castle Magic menu you can set what each pressure plate will do when it’s activated and what the plate will do when turned off.

Next is The Magic Timer. The Magic Timer is a blue square invisible to you when you’re not in the “place object” housing window. It is used to activate a spell when the timer goes off.

The Magic Timer has two triggers, “When On Timer Ends”, and “When Off Timer Ends”.

An example of the Magic Timer being used can be found on Duelist101 as well right here!

The Magic Player Detector is a green sphere invisible to your guests and visitors. It is used to activate a spell when someone runs through it.

The Magic Player Detector has two triggers, “When Player Enters”, and “When Player Leaves”.

The Magic Random Reflector is an orange square invisible to your guests and visitors. It is used to activate up to 8 random spells, in random order, when “Activate Reflector” is cast on it.

The Magic Random Reflector has eight triggers, “When Activated Random #1 Cast Spell” through “When Activated Random #8 Cast Spell”.

The Magic Jump Detector is an orange triangle invisible to your guests and visitors. It is used to activate a spell when a player jumps near the area/room it is in.

The Magic Jump Detector has one trigger, “When Player Jumps”.

Magic Orbs are spheres of fire, ice, or storm that activates when a player is near. When activated, it will appear at the top of the player’s screen as one of the elemental school symbols, depending on which orb you activated. You can only have one of each kind of orb at a time.

This orb is a fire orb. The other orbs are the same size.

Magic Orb Catchers are small mini-pedestals that are colored red, blue, and purple (the elemental schools, same as the orbs). It activates when a player delivers a matching orb to the catcher.

Magic Orb Catchers have one trigger, “When Orb Used”.

The Magic Room Detector is a blue sphere invisible to your guests and visitors. It is used to activate a spell when a player enters the area/room it is in, similar to the Jump Detector.

The Magic Room Detector has two triggers, “When Player Leaves” and “When Player Enters”.

That concludes part 1, thanks for reading! If you have any questions about any of the magic items let me know and I’ll try my best to explain it.

See you Around the Spiral!

Side Note

Sorry this took so long, I was having technical difficulties with writing and uploading this. Hopefully those difficulties will never come back, although I blame ghost Steve. Part 2 will be focused mainly on the Magic Computer, since it’s by far the most confusing thing about Castle Magic really, so if you don’t see it on here, that’s why.

-Isaiah

Leave a Reply

Skip to toolbar