Hello all! So, yesterday was actually my birthday (yay) and I decided that it was the perfect time to follow through on something that I’ve been promising for ages (literally years): My Watchtower Hall Project! This wasn’t my first house, but it is home to a lot of firsts for me: first glitches, first crafted housing items, and my first kitchen. I can’t wait to finally share this with all of you! I’ll talk a little bit about what went into each area of the home and include some links to any special items used!
Brace yourself for one very long post…
The story of this Watchtower Hall began way back in 2013 when I won a housing concept contest- you can read all about that here -where first prize was a code for the Hall. I had been attempting to craft it around that time but had stalled
(It’s because I’m lazy) and this contest just fell into my lap. After the immense joy of redeeming my prize I set about decorating it. The result: Julia Lionflower’s Estate/B&B hosts the Four Season’s fair.
In light of the new housing tours and my “Watchtower Hall Decorating Project” that I’ve been diligently working on for the past couple of weekends, I really wanted to tell the
ridiculously long long story of how my Watchtower Hall came to be before I unveil it. In addition I wanted to share this ridiculously awesome housing concept.
Once Upon a Time… Mercenaries for Hire held a contest…
“In this contest, we’ll give you the chance to create your own crafted home, show us around inside, and at the end you’ll be given a choice — will you LOVE your design or will you LIST it and go for that shiny Watchtower Hall instead (or you can do both, lol).
For this contest, here are some rules:
- You will need to create a new crafted home. You will need to include the name of this new home, the recipe of this crafted house, and give us an example of what each room looks like either through visual graphics or written descriptions.
- You cannot use the name or recipe of any of the existing crafted homes.
- If you have a question about the rules, please ask before the contest deadline. We are human so we do make mistakes, but it is better for everyone involved if these issues are pointed out while there is still time to fix it. If it isn’t brought up ahead of time we have to assume everyone understands. We reserve the right to ignore rule challenges that occur after the winners are announced.
Now, for everyone’s favorite part — the PRIZES!
- The top five entries will receive codes for the following: a Watchtower Hall, a random Tapestry (let’s just say that they have created a LOT of different tapestries for the House-A-Palooza and it’d take up half this post just to list them all, lol), anda music code for one music box, two music scrolls, and a random instrument.
- The five runner ups will receive codes for the following: a random Tapestryanda music code for one music box, two music scrolls, and a random instrument.
- Everyone who enters will receive a code for one FOG Staff. Everyone’s a winner!
It was tough to choose from all the wonderful entries, but choose we have!
And here are the Loved homes that have made the winner’s list:
Joint first goes to cantthinkofaname and Julia Lionflower
[<– That’s me!]