Why I play Wizard101

December 6, 2017 in Uncategorized

One Saturday in 2010 I woke up an excited little girl eager to watch my early morning cartoons. As I proceeded to casually flip through the stations an advertisement was broadcasted on one of my regular shows that caught my attention; this was one of the original ads to be shown for Wizard101. I was captivated by the colorful animation while simultaneously intrigued by the good vs evil plot. A few hours later I made my first wizard, ( with parental oversight of course) and from then on I was hooked.

A little less than a decade later, although with the exception of a few breaks, I’m still playing the same game, enthralled with it as ever. Many individuals would wonder as to how a game could capture someone’s attention for that long of a period of time, and the simple answer is the community that plays the game.

When I first started playing Wizard101, I didn’t know anything about the game or gaming in general, but as time passed people graciously devoted their time, resources, and shut eye to help me become the player and person I am today. These community members became more than just insignificant players, they transformed into strong friendship bonds that have withstood the test of time. Although some may argue that the unsavory types interfere with the game’s enjoyment, it’s a mere silver lining compared to the overall gaming experience.

Leave a reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Skip to toolbar