The Armored Knight of the Spiral
According to Pirate101:
Buccaneers are sturdy warriors who rely on brute strength to overcome their enemies. They wear the heaviest armor and carry the biggest weapons. What Buccaneers lack in grace or finesse they make up for with raw courage. Withstanding enemy attacks is the key to a Buccaneer’s strategy.
Buccaneer is a class that is lacking in attack powers, but makes up with many useful talents. Bucaneers get quite few epics. We get “vengeance strike” level 2 and “bladestorm” level 2. That allows for up to 3 counter attacks and 3 bonus attacks after killing an enemy. Buccaneers can wear heavy armor and carry some very strong weapons. While Buccaneers seem to be meant for physical tanking due to “armor” talents providing defense, and 3 different types of shield (Triton’s song, Kraken’s Lament, and Leviathan’s Call) reducing the amount of damage received from melee damage. Heavy armor can also supply a ton of magical “resistance”.
Buccaneer’s attack up close and personal. Using “Smashy” weapons and attacking using STRENGTH. Buccaneers gain powers that double your movement in order to cross the board as quickly as possible and start attacking and gaining threat on your targets. Those same powers also reduce your enemies accuracy.
- Privateer– As with most classes, Privateer makes a great secondary class for your Bucc.
- You gain heals, but also a very useful “Valor’s shield” which defends against all types of damage. Something that your own powers do not.
- It would also be wise to invest TP into “Slashy Weapons” as many end game weapons for bucaneer are Smashy/Slashy, so you would get bonuses from both talents.
- Swashbuckler– Another great option for a secondary class.
- “Sneak attack” is a must get power. As it provides great damage and has no pre-requisites.
- Training in swash will result in greater range movement which is helpful for reaching enemies before the rest of your crew in order to make you their primary target.
- You also get a nifty damage increase talent. And let’s face it. Everyone loves higher damage.
Buccaneers will be a great, sturdy solo class. Most of your companions will be buccaneer and musketeers, with your own class specific Swashbuckler companion being your first one, Kobe Yojimbo. Buccaneers are meant to take physical damage and dish it right back out. From a PvP standpoint, buccaneers will cause great trouble for Swashbucklers and Privateers, able to reduce their damage greatly.
Witchdoctors and Musketeers will be able to hit through our little resist, and also with a surplus of powers, accuracy reduction will be moot.
In comparison to Wizard101, Buccaneers are like the Ice class. Great defenses, but few special attacks. However, Buccaneers can do some great damage with basic attacks due to their powerful weapons.