This guide covers the basics of making enchanted/enhanced treasure cards.
- What are they?
- Why make them?
- How to do it.
- Where to do it.
- What you can and can’t do.
1. What are enchanted cards?
Enchanted cards are treasure cards that you make by applying either accuracy treasure cards or damage treasure cards to your trained spells.
You can also apply mutates, cloak, simplify, and elucidate. We will explain those in a later guide. For this beginner’s guide, we will focus on accuracy and damage enhancements.
To increase accuracy, you can use:
- keen eyes – 10%
- accurate - 15%
- sniper – 20 %
- unstoppable – 30% acc and 15% armor piercing
- extraordinary – 35% acc and 20% armor piercing
To increase damage, you can use:
- tough + 75
- strong + 100
- giant + 125
- monstrous + 175
- gargantuan + 250
- colossal + 300
2. Why make enhanced cards?
A. Boost Damage
Enchanted cards are very useful when you want extra added damage for a big hit. In low level pvp, most experienced players enhance their regular spells with monstrous treasure cards. You can buy monstrous treasure cards from the bazaar or the archivist in Celestia. Higher level players can use gargantuan and colossal treasure cards. You can make the cards ahead of time and put them in your side deck, or you can make them as you go.
B. Improve Accuracy
You can also enhance a card’s accuracy when you want to make sure a card does not fizzle. Storm is a notorious for its low accuracy when you are a beginner. Applying sniper to your damage cards will help with the fizzle blues. If you are a life wizard or have trained some life, I find it very useful to have accuracy enhanced rebirths, satyrs, and sprites in my side deck, just in case I need an emergency heal that will not fizzle.
You can accuracy enhance any trained spell card that does not already have 100% accuracy. One exception is you ARE allowed to accuracy-enchant the 100% accuracy spell Insane Bolt (e.g. put Unstoppable on it, and the card will read “130% accuracy + 15% Armor Pierce” ).
Spells that you can apply accuracy boosts to:
- Storm: ?
- Ice: steal ward, freeze, ice armor
- Fire: steal charm, choke
- Life: sprite, satyr, rebirth, regenerate, dryad
- Death: beguile
- Myth: stun
- Balance: helping hands, availing hands, weakness
C. Save Gold
If you have a trained spell that you want a treasure card version for your side deck, you can make your own accuracy enhanced treasure cards for the fraction of the cost to buy a treasure card at the bazaar. For example, a Satyr costs 1000 gold from the Zafaria library. If you trained Satyr, you can keen eyes (cost of 20 gold) a Satyr ahead of time, and put it in your side deck for an emergency heal. Granted, the heal is less than the treasure card version, but it’s a lot cheaper.
Similarly, beguile costs around 1600 gold at the bazaar. If you are death, you can make your own enchanted beguile for 20 gold using keen eyes. You save 1480 gold!
3. How to make Enchanted Cards
- Put the cards you want to enchant in your main deck and the treasure card enhancements in your side deck.
- Click away the cards you don’t need, saving a wand spell to kill the wooden construct (if you are in Golem Tower).
- Draw the treasure card from your side deck and apply them to each card.
- Right click the finished cards in order to put them into your side deck.
- Finally, put your enhanced cards in your main treasure card collection.
For example, I want to monstrous a skeletal pirate, poison and have a more accurate beguile to put in my treasure deck for later use.
And now you have your finished enchanted cards. Right click the cards to put them into your side deck.
They now can be added to your treasure card collection for future use.
4. Where to make them
I prefer Golem Tower because its a non-port tower, and you can easily kill the wooden construct with a wand spell. Other people make their cards on Unicorn Way, Lady Blackhope’s Tower, or in a house arena. One tip: If you do not want your wizard to gain any experience points, you can escape or flee after making your cards.
5. What You Can and Can’t Do
- Enhance all damage cards for either increased damage or accuracy. This includes x pip spells like heckhound , judgement, and tempest.
- Apply damage enhancements to Death drain spells. Two-thirds of the enhancement goes to damage and one- third goes to the health drain.
- Sell enchanted cards at the bazaar, but you only get one gold.
- Apply both damage and accuracy enhancements to one card.
- Enchant pet cards, other treasure cards, or gear cards i.e. amulet cards
- Trade enchanted cards.
- Enchant cards that have 100% accuracy.
- Use enchanted cards in crafting recipes.
In future articles, we will describe other cards that can be used to make enchanted cards.
A very good guide to spells can be found here: Ramesses II Complete Guide to Spells
Other guides: How to Make Treasure Cards in Wizard101
A bit of history on why Kings Isle banned enchanted card trading: Final Word on Enchanted Card Trading
I hope this helps. We welcome any comments, suggestions, and questions!